How do I turn in Assignments in the Canvas app on my Android device?
There are five types of assignments you can submit on your mobile device. Once you submit your assignment, you can verify your assignment submission. You can also resubmit assignments if your instructor allows.
Learn how to submit assignments with third-party apps such as Google Drive and Dropbox.
The images in this lesson are shown for a phone display, but unless otherwise noted, tablet displays mirror the same steps.
- Your instructor may restrict certain assignment types, so not all types may be available for your assignment submission.
- If your assignment includes a link to a PDF file, you can add annotations as part of your submission.
- To learn more about available options for uploading or creating media files in the Canvas app, view the Canvas Media Comparison PDF.
View Assignment Submission
Select Submission Type
Submit a Text Entry
Submit an Online URL
Submit File Upload
To submit a file upload, tap the File Upload button.
Choose File Location
You can upload a file:
- By taking a photo with your camera
- From your Android photo gallery
- From third-party apps on your Device, such as Google Drive or Dropbox
- From other apps
Turn in Assignment
Once the Canvas app has located or created your file, the file will appear in the attached files list .
If necessary, you can remove the imported file by tapping the remove icon . To upload additional files, tap the Add Item link .
When you have finished uploading files, tap the Turn in button .
Submit Media Upload
To submit a media upload, tap the Media Upload button.
Submit Arc Video
To submit an Arc video, tap the Arc button.
To choose a video for submission, tap the video thumbnail . To search for videos in Arc, tap the Search icon . To upload a video in Arc, tap the Upload button .
Tap the Submit button.