What types of sharing options are available in Commons?
When sharing a resource to Commons, you will need to choose who you want to share your resource with. There are five sharing options available: share to your entire account, share within groups, share within consortiums, share with the public (all Canvas Commons users), or you can set a resource only visible to yourself (private). Select one or more options (maximum of 10) for sharing your resource(s).
- To enable Commons in your Canvas instance, please contact your Customer Success Manager.
- Commons is available in all Free for Teacher (FFT) accounts. Free for Teacher users are limited to finding, importing, and sharing public resources.
- Standard Canvas file storage limits apply, however, anything shared publicly will not count against your quota. Learn more about Canvas file storage.
- Depending on the account settings set by your Canvas admin, you may be unable to view and/or share public content. Authors of publicly shared resources will always be able to view their resource.
- When updating resources, resources that are no longer in a user's scope will not appear on the user's Updates page. For example, changing the share option from your account to within specific groups.