How do I add a thumbnail image to my shared resource?
When sharing a resource to Commons, you can upload your own thumbnail image or select an image from Flickr. A thumbnail image is a visual representation of your resource and is used in the Commons resource repository. The minimum size of your thumbnail must be at least 147 pixels high and 262 pixels wide.
Flickr searches the following licenses for images:
- Creative Commons Attribution License
- Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
- Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs License
- To enable Commons in your Canvas instance, please contact your Customer Success Manager.
- Commons is available in all Free for Teacher (FFT) accounts. Free for Teacher users are limited to finding, importing, and sharing public resources.
To select an image, click the Click to change button.
Note: The option to select an image is not available for image or video file types.
You can upload an image from your computer or select an image from Flickr Creative Commons. To upload your image, click the browse link  or drag and drop  your file directly into the image drop zone.
- Thumbnail images must be a .jpg, .png, or .gif file.
- The minimum size of your thumbnail must be at least 147 pixels high and 262 pixels wide.
Choose Image from Flickr
You can also select an image from Flickr Creative Commons.
To find images that represent your resource, enter a keyword(s)  into the search field. To choose a thumbnail , click the image you would like to use.
Preview your image. If you are not satisfied, click the Click to change button to upload a new image.
Note: User images are not saved in the image library for reuse.