How do I link a student to my user account as an observer?
If you signed up for a Canvas account as a parent and linked yourself to a student, you can add additional students to observe within the same institution.
- You cannot add students whose accounts are not within the same institution (Canvas URL) as yours. To observe students in another institution, you must sign up for an account using that institution's Canvas URL.
- The Observing page does not display names for student accounts added by the institution via SIS import.
- You can only add students to your account if you signed up for a Canvas account as a parent. If you already have an observer account created by a student's institution, your account is already linked to the student. The option to link to additional students is not available to you.
- Currently observers cannot remove the students they are observing. To remove a student, please contact the student's instructor.
- If you are using the Canvas Parent app, students linked in the browser will also have to be linked in the app. Linked accounts do not currently sync between the web browser and the app.