How do I create a Matching question?
You can create a matching question for your students.
Create a New Question
Select Matching Question Type
Click the drop-down menu and select the Matching question type.
Edit Matching Question Details
To build a Matching question, you will need to add the following details:
- Question title
- The number of points the question is worth (quiz totals are calculated based on combined total of questions)
- The question text (use the Rich Content Editor to include video, images, math equations, or flash activities)
- The first word of the matching pair
- The second word of the matching pair
- Text for the feedback bubbles under each answer (all feedback bubbles are red)
- Text for Additional Match Possibilities (these words will be added to the matching list to distract students from the correct answers)
- Text for the feedback bubbles at the end of the question (green for correct answer feedback, red for incorrect answer feedback, and blue for general question feedback)
If you want to add another answer, click the Add Another Answer link .
Click the Preview button  if you want to verify the quiz before you publish it. When you are ready, click the Publish button .
Student View for Matching Question
Student View for Matching Feedback
If you allow students to see the correct answers, correct responses are marked with a green flag . Incorrect responses will be marked with a red flag  and any correct answers not indicated by the student are marked with a gray flag . Partial credit will be assigned if some of the blanks are completed correctly .