How do I change my User Settings?
Depending on how your Canvas account was created, you can make changes to your Full Name, Display Name, Language and your Time Zone.
Note: If you are not able to edit your user settings, you will need to contact your institution to change this information.
Edit your settings:
- Full Name is used for grading, SIS imports, and other administrative items.
- Display Name is the what other users will see in discussions, announcements, etc. You can set your own display name if the setting is enabled.
- Sortable Name is your last name, first name default and it can be edited. This appears in sorted lists and admins can search for it.
- Default Email can be set when you have multiple email addresses associated with your account.
- Language can be set to your native language.
- Time Zone can be set to where you are located.
Note: Your institution may take care of updating or changing your password by using the password associated with your login credentials for Canvas. Also, you may not see all these settings available to you.
Use High Contrast Styles
For accessibility, you can use high contrast styles, which increases the color contrast of text and images on your computer screen to make them more distinct and easier to identify.
To use High Contrast Styles, click the On button  next to the feature option. You may need to refresh your browser for the option to take effect.