How do I make a mass update to cases in the Service Cloud Admin Console?
The Mass Update button allows you to update up to 200 cases at once in Service Cloud. Through this update, you can assign ownership (via the Transfer To field), set the status and Canvas Component fields, and add comments.
Macros can also be applied to individual cases.
Open Cases Tab
From the Service Cloud home page, open the tab that includes the cases you want to update.
Select Mass Update Settings
Select the settings for your mass update. You can apply the settings of an existing macro  or manually select your settings .
Manually Select Settings
To manually select your mass update settings, choose from the following options:
- Transfer To : Transfer cases to a specific user
- Status : Set cases to a specific status
- Canvas Component Section : Set Canvas Component Section for all cases
- Canvas Component Affected : Set Canvas Component Affected for all cases
- Canvas Component Action : Set Canvas Component Action for all cases
- Canvas Component Issue : Set Canvas Component Issue for all cases
- Chatter Comment : Leave comment on all cases
To learn more about Canvas Components, view the Service Cloud Canvas Components PDF.
Note: None of these fields are required, but you must provide a value for at least one to save your changes.