How do I use the Canvas app on my Android phone?
The Canvas app helps you access your courses while you are away from a computer browser. The app provides a recent activity Stream and To Do list, as well as functionality for Assignments, Conversations, Pages, People, Files, User Profile, Courses, Announcements, and Grades.
The Quick View Area allows you to quickly view recent notifications, to-do lists, and messages. By swiping from right to left you can see each Quickview screen.
Change Dashboard Photo
Select Photo Source
Grades Quick Peek
The Course list shows the courses you are currently enrolled in. Tap the name of the course to open it on the app.
If you have more courses than fit on the screen, scroll through by swiping from bottom to top. You can also open a full course list, including previous courses, by swiping to the bottom of the screen and releasing.
Open Course Navigation
Within course navigation, you have access to everything in your course.
- Tap the app icon to return to your Dashboard.
- Tap the Home icon to return to the course home page.
- Tap the Grades icon to view the details of your grades in the course.
- Tap the Notifications icon to view the stream of notifications in the course.
- Tap the course navigation links to view your Syllabus, Assignments, Quizzes, etc.
You can also add a widget directly to your phone for quick access to your Canvas To Do list.
Note: Depending on your Android phone, the steps to install a widget may vary from what is pictured below. If you have questions, please refer to your phone about how to install a widget.