How do I set my Notification Preferences?
Canvas recently introduced a new page design called the New Canvas User Interface (UI). This lesson may include two images for specific steps to show the difference between the two designs. Unless otherwise indicated, the functionality and location of the components remain the same. The view available to you is determined by your institution.
Canvas includes a set of default notification preferences for your account. However, you can set your own Canvas notification preferences that connect with your linked web services and other contact methods in in your Profile and User Settings.
- These settings apply to all of your courses; you cannot change settings for individual courses.
- The Canvas by Instructure Android app supports setting notification preferences. However, setting preferences inside the app will override preferences in the browser version of Canvas, and some preferences are not supported. Learn about setting preferences in the Canvas app for Android phones and Android tablets.
Open User Settings
Edit Notification Preferences
To change a notification for a contact method, hover over the notification type you want to change. Select one of four options.
- Select the Check mark icon to be notified immediately of any change for the activity.
- Select the Clock icon to be notified daily of any change for the activity.
- Select the Calendar icon to be notified weekly of any change for the activity.
- Select the X icon to remove the notification preference so you won't be notified of any change for the activity.
Note: Each set notification preference will automatically apply to all of your courses. They cannot be set individually.