What are Conferences?
Conferences are primarily used for virtual lectures, virtual office hours, and student groups. It can also be used to demonstrate technologies or troubleshoot technology issues online.
Conferences makes it easy to conduct synchronous (real-time) lectures for all of the students in your course. Conferences allows you to broadcast real-time audio, video, demo applications on your desktop, share presentation slides, or demo any online resources. Currently, Canvas integrates with BigBlueButton.
Note: BigBlueButton can accommodate approximately 50 users in a conference at one time.
When would I use Conferences?
Use Conferences to:
- Connect with your students for online office hours or special study sessions designed to help them prepare for a test.
- Connect with your colleagues for professional development webinars.
- Practice presenting online. Students can set up practice presentations in their student Groups.
- Invite special guests to your classroom by adding them as a student or observer to your course.
- Broadcast a live event or lecture to the students that can't be onsite.