How can I tell if there is a submission error with a Turnitin assignment?
Canvas recently introduced a new page design called the New Canvas User Interface (UI). Depending on your Canvas view, your page design may vary from the images shown in this lesson. However, the functionality and location of the components remain the same.
After students submit a Turnitin assignment, sometimes there can be errors with the submission.
Note: These steps are only applicable for the Turnitin Plugin in Canvas. If you have questions regarding the Turnitin LTI, please contact Turnitin.
View Submission Errors
If there is an error with the submission you will now get a new icon with one of the following messages:
- Generic - "This file failed when submitting to turnitin. Please try resubmitting the file before contacting support"
- "The student limit for this account has been reached. Please contact your account administrator."
- "The turnitin product for this account has expired. Please contact your sales agent to renew the turnitin product."
- "The originality report for this submission is not available yet."
- "The originality score for this submission is not available yet."
- "The uploaded file is too big."
- "Invalid file type." (Valid file types are Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Acrobat PDF, Postscript, Text, HTML, WordPerfect (WPD) and Rich Text Format.)
- "The student submission must be more than twenty words of text in order for it to be rated by turnitin"
- "The PDF file could not be read. Please make sure that the file is not password protected."