How do I edit the details for a course section?
Canvas recently introduced a new page design called the New Canvas User Interface (UI). Depending on your Canvas view, your page design may vary from the images shown in this lesson. However, the functionality and location of the components remain the same.
You can easily edit details for each section in your course.
Note: You can only edit a section after you have opened the course where the section currently resides. Sections may be added by your institution's student information system (SIS). If a section in your course includes an SIS ID, you may not have permission to edit sections.
Edit Section Details
Edit the section details:
- Edit the name of the section.
- Edit the SIS ID (if you have permission to view this field).
- Click the Calendar icon to select the section start dates.
- Click the Calendar icon to select the section end dates.
- Select the Users can only participate in the course between these dates checkbox to limit user participation in the course.
- Click the Update Section button to update your changes.
View Section Details
View the changes made to the section.