What are the basic computer specifications for Canvas?
This is a list of basic computer system requirements to use Canvas. It is always recommended to use the most up-to-date versions and better connections. Canvas will still run with the minimum specifications, but you may experience slower loading times. Click here to learn more about browser requirements.
Canvas and its hosting infrastructure are designed for maximum compatibility and minimal requirements.
- A minimum of 1024x600. That is the average size of a netbook. You probably won't want to view Canvas on a smaller screen than that.
- Windows XP SP3 and newer
- Mac OSX 10.6 and newer
- Linux - chromeOS
Mobile OS Native App Support
- iOS 5 and newer
- Android 2.3 and newer
Computer Speed and Processor
- Use a computer 5 years old or newer when possible
- 1GB of RAM
- 2GHz processor
- Along with compatibility and web standards, Canvas has been carefully crafted to accommodate low bandwidth environments.
- Minimum of 512kbps
- Latest version of JAWS for Internet Explorer 9 & 10 and Firefox
- Latest version of VoiceOver for Safari
- There is no screen reader support for Chrome