What are Profile and User Settings?
Profile and User Settings let you control your personal information in Canvas. You can control this information in the Help Corner.
If you want to view a video about personal settings, you can watch the User Settings and Profile Picture video.
Note: Your institution may restrict one or more settings options.
When would I use my profile and user settings?
You can use your profile and user settings to:
- View and edit your user settings, such as display name, language preference, and time zone
- Change your default email address or add an additional email address for notifications
- Add a text (SMS) contact method for notifications
- View or add a profile picture
- Set Notifications for your favorite communication channels
- Upload personal Files
- Create and manage ePortfolios of your course work
- Manage new user features
- Download your assignment submissions from current and previous courses
If your institution has enabled profiles, you can also edit your profile information.
Note: Your institution may restrict one or more of these options.