What are Modules?
Modules allow you to organize your content to help control the flow of your course.
View Course Modules
Modules are used to organize course content by weeks, units, or a different organizational structure works for your course. With modules, you are essentially creating a one-directional linear flow of what you would like your students to do.
Each module can contain files, discussions, assignments, quizzes, and other learning materials that you would like to use. You can easily add items to your module that you have already created in the course or create new content shells within the modules. Course content can be added to multiple modules or iterated several times throughout an individual module. Modules can be easily organized using the drag and drop feature. Elements within the modules can also be reorganized by dragging and dropping.
Note: You can use keyboard shortcuts to navigate the Modules page. Press the comma key and a pop-up window with keyboard shortcuts will appear for keyboard navigation.
When would I use Modules?
You can use Modules to:
- Create and edit new modules
- Add items to individual Modules
- Add duplicate module items
- Create prerequisite activities that students must complete before moving on in the course
- Track student progress through a sequence of learning activities
- Organize course content by unit, day, week, topic or Outcome