Creating an issuer and badges in Canvas
You can create and edit Issuers and badges from your Canvas Badges/Credentials account. If you are a Canvas teacher/instructor, the Issuers and badges you create will be available in your courses. See Creating an issuer profile and Creating badges as an issuer.
An issuer can be just about anything; an organization, institution, program, department, classroom, person, etc. Issuing entities that can be defined with a name, description, URL, image, email address and entities that are relevant to the badges issued, are all good candidates.
- Select the Badges or Credentials link when logged into Canvas. (If you do not see this option, you may need to add Canvas Badges/Credentials to your course)
- If you have already created an issuer in your Canvas Badges/Credentials account, it should appear. If this is the case, you can move on to the Create badges section below.
- If you do not have access to any issuers, you may create one. On the right side, you will see Create issuer. Click this link.
4. Define your Issuer with a name, description, image, URL and contact email (typically yours). For the website URL, most users enter their organization's webpage. 5. Click the Create issuer button. Create badges within your Canvas course
- Open the Setup tab and then click the Canvas course badges tab.
- Select the arrow that corresponds to the module you wish to add a badge.
- Click Add badge.
- Provide the badge name, description, criteria and image, then click Create badge button.
- We recommend you upload your own badge images that align with your content or brand.
- Alternatively, you may use the Badge Studio to create simple badge designs with different shapes, clipart and color options.
- The badge is assigned to the module you initially selected by default. However, you can assign and unassign the badge in any module.
If you attempt to create an issuer or badge and the appropriate button is "greyed out," please refresh the page and try again. If you continue to experience difficulty, you may create an issuer and badges in your Canvas Badges/Credentials account and access them in Canvas.
Need more help? Contact us at [email protected]