Every organization, issuer, pathway and badge has a public page on Canvas Badges/Credentials that displays all the associated data of the item. Program administrators may wish to share the various URLs of their badging program offerings to learners, educators or other interested parties. This article describes what each particular public view looks like, as well as tips on how to make sure the information on your public view is as up-to-date as possible.
You can choose to display issuers, pathways and/or badges on the public pages or hide them from public view.
Best practice: Contact email addresses are accessible via public pages. We recommend using a generic email inbox (e.g. [email protected]) when creating an organization and/or issuer(s).
If you have purchased a Canvas Credentials subscription, you may access your organization's public page from the Dashboard tab. The organization's main page cannot be hidden, but issuers, badges and pathways of the organization may be hidden.
- Sign in to your Canvas Credentials account.
- Select Dashboard from the top navigation.
- Select the ellipsis on the upper right side and then select View public page from the dropdown menu.
- You will be brought to the public view of your organization's page.
- Badging program elements are also displayed on your organization's public page.
- Access the tabs to view the organization's issuers, badges and pathways offerings. Please note pathways will only display for Canvas Credentials users.
- From the tabs, you can access an issuer, pathway or badge public page.
- If you're signed in to your Canvas Credentials account, you'll see a Public designation at the top of the page and Edit visibility controls under the tab menu.
Issuer pages are always public unless you've purchased a Canvas Credentials account. Individual badges may be hidden on any issuer public page.
- To access the public view for issuers, sign in to your Canvas Credentials account.
- Select the Issuers tab. If you have more than one issuer, select the issuer for which you wish to see the public view.
- On the issuer detail page, select the ellipsis on the righthand side of the screen, and then click View public page.
- The public issuer page will display the badges and pathways that fall under the issuer.
- Note that you can edit the public visibility of the issuer from this page by selecting the Public button if you have a Canvas Credentials subscription.
- On the public page, there's a tab for Badges and Pathways (if you have a subscription to Canvas Credentials).
- If you're signed in to your Canvas Badges/Credentials account, you'll see a "Public" designation at the top of the page and Edit Visibility controls under the tab menu.
- Access Edit visibility to toggle the badge's visibility on or off. Then, select Done editing.
If you're an issuer, consider what information appears in public view when you're building your badges. This can help guide you in creating clear descriptions that accurately describe the achievement.
To access public view for a badge you have earned, sign in to your Canvas Badges/Credentials account and navigate to the backpack. Select the badge you want to see publicly. On the right-hand side of the screen, select the ellipses and click View public page from the drop down menu. Your screen will then display what others see when they view your badge. For badge issuers:
To access the public view of a badge template or a badge you've awarded, sign in to your Canvas Badges/Credentials account and navigate to the Issuers menu. Select the issuer and then select the badge. From the badge detail page, you can choose to view the public page of the badge template, or you can view the public page of an awarded badge.
Pathways is a feature available through Canvas Credentials. If you're interested in becoming a Canvas Credentials subscriber, contact our sales team for pricing.
- To access the public view for a pathway, go to your issuer's public view and then select the Pathways tab.
- Next, click on the pathway for which you wish to see the public view.
- You'll be able to see your selected pathway as it looked when you set it up, without the option to edit.
You can also access the pathway public view from inside your Canvas Badges/Credentials account.
- Select Issuer from the top navigation, and select the Pathways tab.
- Select the pathway you wish to view, then select the box with the ellipse and choose View public page from the dropdown menu.