Canvas Credentials Pathways LTI for Blackboard
A single pathway can be added to multiple courses and/or multiple pathways can be added to a single course. The Canvas Credentials Pathways LTI app allows Blackboard instructors to add Canvas Credentials Pathways to courses. Instructors can view group or individual progress along the learning pathway. Students can see their individual progress and are provided with a roadmap of their learning journey. Canvas Credentials Pathways can be constructed using Open Badges from any platform and/or issuer.
Canvas Credentials Pathways gives teachers and students an easy-to-use view of their progress through a pathway right in their Blackboard courses. Here's how to set it up.
From your issuer dashboard in Canvas Credentials Pathways, find the pathway you want to add to your course in the list of pathways and select LTI Integrations. Complete the install by copying the key and secret from Pathways into Blackboard. See below for details. Step-by-Step: How to install
- Sign in to your Canvas Credentials account and select Issuer from the top navigation bar.
- Select an issuer associated with your organization from the list.
- Select the Pathways tab.
- Select the title of the pathway you wish to use in Blackboard.
- Select the LTI integrations tab.
- Select the Add integration button
- Give your new integration a meaningful name and select the type of integration you're creating.
- A card should appear in the LTI integrations for your pathway with your designated name.
- Sign in as a teacher and access the course where you wish to add a pathway.
- Go to the course content area and select the plus sign, then the Create button.
- From the create menu, select Teaching tools with LTI connection.
- From here, enter a title for the LTI app you're creating.
- Use the drop-down menu and ensure the LTI is visible to students.
- Copy the Launch or Configuration URL from the custom LTI you created in Canvas Credentials Pathways. For Blackboard.
- Once you've added a Configuration URL, the Key and Security token fields will become available. Copy and paste the Consumer key and Consumer secret (Shared secret) into the corresponding fields.
- Select the Save button.
- Use the dropdown menu from the External tool to preview the results in a new window. The new window should open up a view of your pathway.
- Add the External tool as content to the course and make it visible to students.
When students sign in to the course and access the pathways LTI app, they will be prompted to agree to the Canvas Credentials Terms of Service and directed through an authorization process. After authorizing the Canvas Credentials app, students can view the pathway right from within their course.