How do I enroll in an individual Catalog course or program?
You can enroll in individual catalog listings from your institution's Catalog. Depending on how your institution has configured their catalog, you may be able to enroll in individual courses and programs without using the shopping cart. Learn more about enrolling in multiple courses and programs at one time.
When you check out, Catalog preserves your enrollment spot(s) for ten minutes while you complete the enrollment process. Paid courses and programs require payment as part of the enrollment process. You can also add promotion codes at checkout.
The first time you enroll in a catalog listing with your institution, you must complete your registration before you can begin your courses or programs.
You can view and access your courses in your Student Dashboard.
- Before you can view your institution's Catalog listings, you may need to log in to Canvas.
- You can purchase multiple enrollments in one transaction.
- Depending on how your institution has configured the Catalog course enrollment process, you may be required to complete enrollment fields that are not shown here.
Because payment options vary from institution to institution, the payment process is not documented here. For assistance paying for listings through your institution's payment gateway, please contact your institution's help desk.
In a browser window, type your institution's Catalog URL in the address field.
Locate Catalog Listing
Locate the listing in the Catalog Listings page .
To search for a specific course or program, enter text in the Search field . You may also be able to filter the displayed results by category  or using a refined search menu .
Open Listing Details
Click the listing card.
View Listing Details
The listing's details page displays enrollment options , program listings display course requirements .
Add to Wait List
If you want to enroll in a course with closed enrollment, you may be able to add your name to a wait list. When a spot opens, your Catalog account will automatically enroll you in the course. Spots become available if a student drops the course or if an administrator increases the enrollment limit. Learn more about Catalog wait lists.
Enroll In Listing
Click the Enroll button
Sign In or Register for Account
If you already have a Canvas account at your institution, click the Sign in to Enroll link .
If you do not have a Canvas account at your institution, register a new account by completing the new account registration information .
Verify New User Account
If you registered for a new account, you must verify your account to complete your registration and begin the course. Check your registration email address to confirm your account.
Select Payment Option
To enter a promotion code to apply toward your payment, enter the code in the Promotion Code field . Then click the Apply button . You can enter multiple promotion codes.
To cancel the checkout process, click the Cancel button . The checkout page will redirect to your institution's listings page.
To complete enrollment and pay for your selected listings, click the Pay and Enroll button .
- If all of your selected listings are free, Catalog displays an Enroll button.
- Because payment options vary from institution to institution, the payment process is not documented here. For assistance paying for listings through your institution's payment gateway, please contact your institution's help desk.
View Enrollment Confirmation
View your enrollment confirmation .
To view the listings in your Catalog Student Dashboard, click the Go to Courses button .
To return to your institution's catalog listings page, click the Return to Catalog button .
- If your enrollment failed, the Confirmation page displays a Failed (retry) status.
- If your enrollment is pending, the Confirmation page displays a Pending status.