How do I create hyperlinks to course or group content in the New Rich Content Editor as an instructor?
When using the New Rich Content Editor, you can insert links to previously created course or group content. You may be able to link to content in Pages, Assignments, Quizzes, Announcements, Discussions, and Modules. You can also insert links that, when clicked, act like Course Navigation or Group Navigation links.
- The New Rich Content Editor is currently a course opt-in feature. You can manage your course features in Course Settings.
- To create hyperlinks to group content or Group Navigation links, you must open the New Rich Content Editor within a group.
Open New Rich Content Editor
Open the New Rich Content Editor when creating or editing an announcement, assignment, discussion, page, quiz, or syllabus.
Note: The Rich Content Editor supports keyboard shortcuts. To view the Keyboard Shortcuts menu, click the Keyboard icon or press ALT+F8 (PC keyboard) or ALT+FN+F8 (Mac keyboard).
Select Link Location
To insert a link displaying the name of the course or group content item, click to place your cursor in the location in the New Rich Content Editor where you want the link to appear .
To insert a hyperlink to a course or group content item, select the text for your hyperlink .
Open Course Links
In the toolbar, click the Link Options arrow  and select the Course Links option .
Note: To view the Links icon, you may have to click the Options icon .
Open Group Links
You can create a link to group content when using the New Rich Content Editor within groups.
In the toolbar, click the Link Options arrow  and select the Group Links option .
- If creating a link within a group, you can link to group file types. The option name displays as Group Images, Group Media, or Group Documents .
- To view the Links icon, you may have to click the Options icon .
Select Course or Group Content
Use the Add menu to select the linked content. By default, the Add drop-down menu displays content Links options . You can also add document, image, and media file links.
Content items are grouped by content type. To view a list of course or group content items click the arrow icon next to the content type . Then click the name of the course or group item you want to link in the New Rich Content Editor .
Note: The text will flash before turning into the hyperlink.
Insert Course Navigation Link
You can also insert Course Navigation links from the Add menu. When a user clicks on an inserted Course Navigation link, Canvas will navigate them to that course feature page.
Insert Group Navigation Link
If creating a hyperlink within a group, you can insert Group Navigation links from the Add menu. When a user clicks on an inserted Group Navigation link, Canvas will navigate them to that group feature page.
View the link displaying the name of the content item  or the hyperlinked text .
Click the Save button.
- The assignment, discussion, pages, and quizzes details pages display a Save & Publish button.
- The Syllabus page displays an Update Syllabus button.
- Discussion replies display a Post Reply button.
View the content. To view the linked course content, click the inserted link .
Note: Links to external URLs display an Open icon .