How do I create a hyperlink from Microsoft Office 365 in the New Rich Content Editor as an instructor?
If your course has enabled Microsoft Office 365, you can create a document, slide presentation, or spreadsheet in your OneDrive and then create a hyperlink to that document anywhere you can use the New Rich Content Editor in Canvas. Several features in Canvas support the New Rich Content Editor, including Announcements, Assignments, Discussions, Pages, Quizzes, and Syllabus.
When files are linked in the New Rich Content Editor, the link displays the exact name of the file. Please ensure your file names are correct before linking a file.
- If you cannot view the Microsoft Office 365 option in the New Rich Content Editor LTI Tools menu, you can still include your file by creating a hyperlink or publishing your Microsoft Office 365 content to the web and pasting the embed code in the HTML editor.
- PDF files added through Microsoft Office 365 that cannot be previewed in Sharepoint are not supported to preview in Canvas. To preview the PDF files, you will need to add them to course files and link to them in the New Rich Content Editor.
- The New Rich Content Editor is currently a course opt-in feature. You can manage your course features in Course Settings.
Open New Rich Content Editor
Open the New Rich Content Editor when creating or editing an announcement, assignment, discussion, page, quiz, or syllabus.
Note: The Rich Content Editor supports keyboard shortcuts. To view the Keyboard Shortcuts menu, click the Keyboard icon or press ALT+F8 (PC keyboard) or ALT+FN+F8 (Mac keyboard).
Click the Apps icon .
Note: To view the Apps icon, you may need to click the Options icon 
Open Microsoft Office 365
Click the Microsoft Office 365 link .
You can also filter menu options using the Search field .
Note: If the Microsoft Office 365 link does not display, the LTI may not be enabled in your course. You can still include your file by creating a hyperlink or publishing your content to the web and pasting the embed code in the HTML editor.
Locate the file you want to link and click the checkbox next to the file name . Click the Attach File button .
View File Link
View the file link in the New Rich Content Editor
Click the Save button.
- The assignment, discussion, pages, and quizzes details pages display a Save & Publish button.
- The Syllabus page displays an Update Syllabus button.
- Discussion replies display a Post Reply button.
View the content created in the New Content Editor