How do I upload files to a conference as a presenter?
As a presenter, you can add individual documents or presentations to a conference. You can also upload multiple files and show different files during the presentation.
Moderators are most often the presenter, but presenters can also be participants who are invited to be a presenter, such as a participant invited to be a guest speaker. Moderators can allow any participant to be a presenter at any time.
Note: File uploads should be PDF files. However, BigBlueButton converts Word documents or PowerPoint presentations to a PDF file. If your presentation has animations (visual or audio), they will not be converted.
Click the Upload icon.
Click the Select File button.
Note: For best results, upload a PDF file or an office document (Microsoft Word or PowerPoint).
Select the file you want to upload . Click the Open button .
Verify you have selected the file you want to upload . To allow conference attendees to download the file, select the Enable download of presentation checkbox . This option is disabled by default.
Click the Upload button .
Note: You can only upload one file at a time. Repeat these steps to upload additional files.
In the Presentation panel, view your file. As a presenter, you have several options for your presentation.
- To add another file to your presentation, click the Upload icon .
- To start a poll and gather feedback in your presentation, click the Start a Poll icon .
- To advance or back up your presentation, click the arrow keys . The number between the keys indicates the number of slides in your presentation.
- To increase the viewing size of your presentation, use your mouse to drag the triangle along the percentage scale .
- To make your presentation fit to the width of the viewing window (height will remain proportionate), click the fit to width icon .
- To make your presentation fit the entire page within the viewing window, click the fit to page icon .
- To show the whiteboard tools , hover your mouse over the presentation.
Show Different File
If you have uploaded multiple files and want to show a different file or presentation, in the Files window, click the Show button.
To delete a file, click the Delete button.
Note: You cannot delete the default.pdf file, which is the welcome page for the conference.