What are Conferences?
Conferences are primarily used for virtual lectures, virtual office hours, and student groups. They can also be used to demonstrate technologies or troubleshoot technology issues online. Conferences can accommodate up to 50 people.
Conferences makes it easy to conduct synchronous (real-time) lectures for all of the students in your course. Conferences allows you to broadcast real-time audio, video, demo applications on your desktop, share presentation slides, or demo any online resources. Currently, Canvas integrates with BigBlueButton.
- Creating a conference is a course permission. If you cannot create a conference, your institution has restricted this feature.
- BigBlueButton can accommodate up to 50 users in a conference at one time.
When would I use Conferences?
Use Conferences to:
- Connect with your students for online office hours or special study sessions designed to help them prepare for a test.
- Connect with your colleagues for professional development webinars.
- Practice presenting online. Students can set up practice presentations in their student Groups.
- Invite special guests to your classroom by adding them as a student or observer to your course.
- Broadcast a live event or lecture to the students that can't be onsite.
- Record your conferences so students can view them at a later date. Note: Recordings are automatically deleted 14 days after the conference ends.