How do I view a student's Grades page in a course?
As an instructor, you can access the Grades page for a student in your course. This Grades page shows you how a student views his or her grades in the course and also allows you to add individual comments to group submission assignments. You can choose to restrict options in the grades page to students, such as hiding grade summary totals and grade distribution graphs.
You can also view the grades page for a generic student in Student View.
- The student's grades shown in the Grades page may vary from the grades shown in the Gradebook. The student's Grades page is affected by muted (unposted) assignments, outstanding manually graded quiz questions, weighted assignment groups, and weighted grading periods. The Gradebook always contains the most current and accurate information about a student's current grade.
- Student Grades can also be viewed from a student's user details page.
In Course Navigation, click the Grades link.
Click the name of the student.
View Student Context Card
If you have enabled the Student Context Card feature option, click the Grades button.
View Student Grades
In the Grades page, a student can view the name of the assignment , the due date , the score or assignment status , the total number of points for the assignment , the assignment upload status (Office 365 or Google Drive files only) , and any rubrics  and comments .
If allowed, the student can view distribution graphs in the assignment scoring details , as well as his or her total grade and assignment groups in the course.
- The student's grades shown in the Grades page may vary from the grades shown in the Gradebook. The student's Grades page is affected by muted assignments, outstanding manually graded quiz questions, weighted assignment groups, and weighted grading periods. The Gradebook always contains the most current and accurate information about a student's current grade.
- When your course includes grading periods, the student Grades sidebar displays assignment groups when an individual grading period is being viewed. However, groups only display if the groups are active as part of the selected grading period. An assignment group displays if the group has at least one assignment due for the student in the selected grading period.
- When grading periods are weighted and the All Grading Periods option is selected, the sidebar displays the weights of each grading period.
View Assignment Details
You can also view assignment details, preview assignments, and view feedback the same way a student experiences assignments in Canvas. The assignment details page is also where a student views any annotated feedback you may add to an assignment.
To view submission details, click the name of the group assignment.
View Group Assignment Comments
For group assignments, the submission details page may include individual comments added to a group assignment.
By default, group assignments that award the same grade to all group members do not display comments for individual students when grading group assignments in SpeedGrader. Comments made in SpeedGrader and from the Submissions Details page on group assignments that are not graded individually are sent to the whole group .
However, individually graded group assignments include commenting options. To send your comment to one student in a group, select Send comment to this student only . To send your comment to the whole group, select Send comment to the whole group .
Individual comments also appear in the Submission Comments filter in Conversations.