How do I manage an individual case in the new Field Admin Console?
After you have opened a case from the Cases page, you can manage details for an individual case.
Note: Field Admin Console features may vary based on account and user settings. Based on the permissions for your role, you may not be able to view or use the features described in this lesson.
The Field Admin Console home page displays all cases assigned to you in the My Cases table . To view a case, click the case number .
If you need to view a case that is not assigned to you, open the Cases page by clicking the Cases tab .
View the case. Each case displays important details at a glance , including case number, owner name, date/time opened, and support level.
To follow a case, click the Follow button . To edit case details, click the Edit button .
To merge the case with another case, click the Merge Case button . To change the owner of the case, click the Change Owner button .
To open the Canvas Guides, click the Guides tab .
View Chatter Tab
To view the case activity feed and comments, click the Chatter tab .
To add a comment to the case, enter your comment in the Share an update field  and click the Share button .
To attach a comment to feed item, click the Comment link for the item . To like a feed item, click the Like link .
Change Case Status
To change the case status, click the Change Status tab . Then select the new status from the Status drop-down menu . To save the status, click the Save button .
View Details Tab
To view case details, click the Details tab . From the Details tab, you can view and edit information about a case.
To edit a field in the Case Details tab, click the Edit icon .
The Case Number field displays the case number . The Subject field  displays what the end-user typed in the subject line. The Description field  displays what the end-user typed in the case.
The Case Owner field  displays the user currently assigned to the case . To change the case owner, click the Case Owner icon .
View Canvas Details
The Canvas Details section  displays Canvas-specific information about the case:
- Status : displays the case status. Status can be set to open, new, pending, on hold, solved, or closed as duplicate.
- Become User URL : displays the page where the user submitted the ticket. This URL also allows you to see what the end user sees in Canvas.
- Canvas URL : displays Canvas instance from which case was submitted.
- Canvas Account ID : displays Canvas account ID number.
- Contact Name : displays the name of the individual who facilitates communication with the Requester.
- Canvas Component Section : describes whether the case relates to an entire account, a specific course, a Canvas user, an LTI or integration, or a non-Canvas issue.
- Canvas Component Affected : describes the feature in Canvas where the bug or issue comes from.
- Canvas Component Action : describes the action that led to the case creation.
- Canvas Component Issue : describes the purpose behind the case creation.
- Disability/Accessibility Related : designates if the case relates to disability or accessibility concerns.
Add Email Copies
The Add CC field contains any email address that will receive notifications for case updates.
View Additional Information
The Additional Information section  displays additional information that relates to the case:
- Case Origin : displays where the case originated, such as email, phone, or online submission.
- Priority : describes the urgency with which the case should be addressed.
- Transfer : allows users to transfer case to another field admin.
- User Perceived Severity : displays how urgent the issue is from the perspective of the end user. Users should reserve the Extremely Critical Emergency option for issues and bugs that really are critical emergencies.
- Account Name : displays the name of the account
- Web Email : displays the requester's email address.
- Requester Name : displays the name of the user who created the case.
- User ID : displays the requester's user ID.
- Requester Role : displays the requester's role(s). To add or remove a role, click the role title and click the Arrow keys .
To disable notifications on the case, click the Disable Notifications checkbox .
To add a comment to the case, enter the comment in the Public Comment field .
The Owner Name field  displays the name of the case owner.
View Web Information
The HTTP Environment field  indicates the end user's operating system, browser version, and IP address. To interpret this string, visit the user agent string website and paste the text in the window for analysis.
The Stacktrace field  contains the engineering error message. This field will be filled out if the ticket was submitted from a Page Error report. This message is usually only decipherable by the engineer who wrote the code but may contain some information that will lead you on the right path toward resolution.
To escalate the case to Instructure Support, click the Escalate button.
Macros allow you to apply preset changes to case. To apply a macro, click the Select Macro drop-down menu  and select the macro you want to apply . Then click the Apply button .