How do I manage KB update requests in the new Field Admin Console?
Canvas support agents can request updates to an entry in your institution's knowledge base (KB) through the new Field Admin Console. Update requests display on the Admin Console home page. You can view update requests, make changes, and remove the entry from your list of updates.
Note: Field Admin Console features may vary based on account and user settings. Based on the permissions for your role, you may not be able to view or use the features described in this lesson.
Open Update Request
KB update requests display in the KB Update Requests list . To open an update request, click the name of the request .
To view all update requests, click the View All link .
View Update Request
KB update details display in the Update Request section .
View the KB addition suggestion from Canvas Support in the Update Request field . View the request date and time in the Update Request Date field .
Edit KB Entry
KB updates can be made in the Default Case Handling section .
To edit your KB entry, click the Edit icon for any field .
Enter Case Handling Details
Enter updates to your KB entry in the Default Case Handling fields:
- The Details for Canvas Support field  displays any relevant information for how Canvas Support should handle related cases.
- The Details for your users field  displays a scripted response that support agents can use when responding to related cases.
- The Key Words field  displays any related terms or words that users might use when submitting a case related to the KB entry.
KB entry fields will display a highlighted border once any changes have been made. To undo edits, click the Undo icon .
To remove the KB entry from the KB Update Requests list on the home page, click the Details Updated checkbox .
To save your changes, click the Save button .
- Checking the Details Updated checkbox and saving your changes will also clear all content from the Update Requests fields.
- When viewing your KB, Canvas support agents will be able to view when the last change was made to the entry.