What are the technical requirements for Practice?
Before you get started with Practice, have your IT team review these requirements to ensure a seamless experience.
All Users must have access to one of the following to participate in Practice exercises:
A Personal Computer (Windows or Mac) with the following capabilities:
- At least 4GB of RAM and a 2Ghz CPU
- A modern operating system (Windows 7 or greater, Mac OS X 10.9 or greater)
- A modern web browser: One of the two most recent versions of Chrome, Firefox, and Safari - or Internet Explorer 11 / Edge.
- An integrated webcam
- An integrated microphone
An iOS tablet or smartphone (iOS or Android) with the following capabilities:
- iOS 9+ or Android 6+
- An integrated camera
- A public workstation that satisfies all of the PC requirements (and allows Learners to quickly and easily login to their email)
Any device that uses Practice must have access to high speed internet (i.e. at least 2 Mbps download and 3 Mbps upload speed). Check your speed here.
- If you are planning on using Practice during a group training session, the speed requirements must be scaled for the number of users that will be interacting with Practice concurrently. For example, if you plan to hold a session where 10 people will be recording videos at the same time, you should ensure that internet speeds are at least 20 Mbps down and 30 Mbps up.
To use the Practice web application, the following domains must be added to your network whitelist:
To use the Practice screen capture application, add the following URL to your network whitelist:
To receive emails from the Practice web application, the domain practice.instructure.com should be added to your email whitelist.