How do I navigate a Canvas course as an observer?
Navigating a Canvas course as an observer is simple.
View Canvas Interface
Observers can view Course Navigation, Global Navigation, Breadcrumb Navigation, Sidebar, and Help Corner.
- The Course Navigation helps you get to where you want to go within your canvas course.
- The Breadcrumb Navigation shows you where you have navigated to inside of a course and gives you a quick and easy way to move backward.
- The Global Navigation helps you get to where you want to go across all of your Canvas courses.
- The Sidebar will be mostly empty for Observers, but will come in handy when its time to edit a course Page.
- The Help Corner is very important. Click the Help link when you need assistance from your instructor or the Canvas Support Team.
The Course Navigation links on the left side of your screen help you get to where you want to go inside of Canvas. As an Observer, you will see up to 11 links. They are:
If you ever have trouble in Canvas and need to communicate with the Instructor about what you are looking at, use these terms and he or she will understand exactly what you mean.