How do I add Assignment Groups?
Using Assignment Groups allows you to organize the assignments in your course.
Add Assignment Group Title
Add Grading Rule
For each Assignment Group, you can use the drop-down menu to create one of three grading rules:
- Drop the lowest x scores for each student
- Drop the highest x scores for each student
- Never drop a specific assignment. [This option will only display assignments that already exist in your assignment group. You can add assignments and set this rule at a later time.]
Note: Under normal circumstances, Canvas determines the grade that has the most negative effect on the student's grade and drops that grade. However, under a specific set of circumstances, this behavior might not occur. Canvas drops the score with the lowest percentage regardless of its effect on the final grade if all of the following conditions are met:
- Your assignment groups are not weighted.
- You have grading rules to drop the lowest assignments in multiple assignment groups.
- An assignment group contains assignments worth different point values.
If you meet the above three conditions, your grading rule might not be applied consistently to all your students.
View Assignment Group
View your new Assignment Group. If you want to view the details of your Assignment Group, click the more info... link.
Manage Assignment Group
To manage the assignment group, hover over the assignment group until icons appear:
- Add an assignment to the assignment group
- Edit the assignment group
- Remove the assignment group