How do I add Assignment Groups?
Add Assignment Group Details
Edit Assignment Group Details:
- Type the Assignment Group Name in the Group Name field.
- Enter % of total grade (Note: This field will be grayed out if your assignment groups are not weighted.)
For each Assignment Group, you can create one of three grading rules:
- Drop (ignore) the lowest x scores for each student
- Drop (ignore) the highest x scores for each student
- Never drop a specific assignment. [This option will only display assignments that already exist in your assignment group. You can add assignments and set this rule at a later time.]
Note: Under normal circumstances, Canvas determines the grade that has the most negative effect on the student's grade and drops that grade. However, under a specific set of circumstances, this behavior might not occur. Canvas drops the score with the lowest percentage regardless of its effect on the final grade if all of the following conditions are met:
- Your assignment groups are not weighted.
- You have grading rules to drop the lowest assignments in multiple assignment groups.
- An assignment group contains assignments worth different point values.
If you meet the above three conditions, your grading rule might not be applied consistently to all your students.
View Assignment Group
View your Assignment Group. If rules are assigned to the group, Canvas will show the number of rules; hover over the link to view the rules .
Manage Assignment Group
You can add a new assignment to the group with the Add icon , and in the Settings drop-down menu , you can edit, delete, or move the assignment group .