How do I view user details for an enrollment in a course?
The user details page shows a user's profile picture, memberships, and recent messages, as well as other data.
- If your user details page does not match the layout shown in this lesson, please reference the user profiles lesson, which shows how to use the user details page when Profiles are enabled for your institution.
- Viewing user details is a course permission. Depending on your permissions, you may not be able to view all available information in a user's details page.
Open User Details
Click the user's Settings icon , then select the User Details link .
View Name and Email
The User Details page displays details about the user.
In the user's Name and Email section, you can view the user's name, profile picture (if enabled by your institution), default email, and time zone. If the user has an inappropriate profile picture, you can remove it by clicking the Remove avatar picture link.
View Recent Messages
If you have the appropriate permissions, the sidebar may also include links to additional information about the user:
- View a detailed grade report 
- Send a message using Conversations 
- View your interactions with the student using Canvas 
- View the student's access report 
- View the Outcomes associated with the student 
- View student analytics 
- View any external services linked to the student's account