How do I create a Matching question?
You can create a matching question for your students.
Note: Matching questions only support text at this time.
Create a New Question
Set Name, Type, and Points
Quiz questions are not automatically numbered for instructors. To add a custom name to your quiz question, enter the name in the question text field . Custom names can help you identify quiz questions more easily. Regardless of the question name, students always see quiz questions in numerical order (i.e. Question 1, Question 2).
Click the drop-down menu and select the Matching question type .
Enter number of points the question is worth (quiz totals are calculated based on combined total of questions) .
Edit Matching Question Details
To build a Matching question, you will need to enter the following details:
- The question text (use the Rich Content Editor to include video, images, math equations, or flash activities)
- The first word of the matching pair
- The second word of the matching pair
- Text for the feedback bubbles under each answer (all feedback bubbles are red)
- Text for Additional Match Possibilities (these words will be added to the matching list to distract students from the correct answers)
- Text for the feedback bubbles at the end of the question (green for correct answer feedback, red for incorrect answer feedback, and blue for general question feedback)
If you want to add another answer, click the Add Another Answer link .
Student View for Matching Question
Student View for Matching Feedback
If you allow students to see the correct answers, correct responses are marked with a green flag . Incorrect responses will be marked with a red flag  and any correct answers not indicated by the student are marked with a gray flag . Partial credit will be assigned if some of the blanks are completed correctly .