How do I use SpeedGrader™?
The SpeedGrader™ allows you to view and grade student assignment submissions in one place using a simple point scale or complex rubric. Canvas accepts a variety of document formats and even URLs as assignment submissions. Some document assignments can be marked up for feedback directly within the submission. You can also provide feedback to your students with text or media comments.
For each student, SpeedGrader™ has six areas:
- View student submissions. Preview .doc, .docx, .ppt, .pptx, and .pdf (.xls and .xlsx are accepted but they are in beta support) submissions using Crocodoc; review other file format submissions using Scribd or Google Preview
- Assign a grade based on your preferred assessment method (points or percentage)
- View Rubric to assist with grading (if one is added to the assignment)
- View discussions created by you or the student about the assignment
- Create text, video, and/or audio commentary for the student
Comments on assignments will also appear as a new thread in Conversations.