How do I create a new Group Set?
Group sets house the different groups within a course. Before creating a new group set, you may want to view the existing group sets.
Add Group Set
Click the Add Group Set button.
Create Group Set
Add new set of Groups:
- Name the new group by typing in the name for groups field.
- You can allow self sign-ups by selecting the Allow self sign-up checkbox.
- You can automatically split the groups in a number of equal groups by clicking the Split students into [number] equal groups radio button and then typing the number of groups in the dialog box.
- You can manually create the groups by clicking on the I'll create groups manually radio button.
- Click the Save button to create a new set of groups.
Note: Except when creating groups manually, you can automatically set student group leaders.
View Group Set
View the group set you created.
Note: The Groups page displays a limit of 50 group sets.
Modify Group Set
To edit the details of the group set, click the Settings icon , and click the Edit button . To delete the group set, click the Delete button .
Editing a group set allows you to change the group set name , self sign-up group options , and leadership options .
If self sign-up is allowed, you can also set or change the number of group members allowed in a group .
Note: Setting a member limit will apply to all groups in your group set. However, you can modify the limitations within an individual group, such as changing one group to allow a few more members than the other groups. However, at a later time if you decide to edit the entire group set and change the group set limitations, Canvas will override all member limitations created within individual groups.