How do I create a new Group Set?
Group sets house the different groups within a course. Before creating a new group set, you may want to view the existing group sets.
Add Group Set
Click the Add Group Set button.
Create Group Set
Add new set of Groups:
- Name the new group by typing in the name for groups field.
- You can allow self sign-ups by selecting the Allow self sign-up checkbox.
- You can automatically split the groups in a number of equal groups by clicking the Split students into [number] equal groups radio button and then typing the number of groups in the dialog box.
- You can manually create the groups by clicking on the I'll create groups manually radio button.
- Click the Save button to create a new set of groups.
Note: Except when creating groups manually, you can automatically set student group leaders.
View Group Set
View the group set you created.
Modify Group Set
To edit the details of the group set, click the Settings icon , and click the Edit button . To delete the group set, click the Delete button .
Editing a group set allows you to change the group set name  and self sign-up group options .
If self sign-up is allowed, you can also set or change the number of group members allowed in a group .
Note: Setting a member limit will apply to all groups in your group set. However, you can modify the limitations within an individual group, such as changing one group to allow a few more members than the other groups. However, at a later time if you decide to edit the entire group set and change the group set limitations, Canvas will override all member limitations created within individual groups.