How do I manually configure an External App for a course?
Click the Apps tab.
View App Configurations
To configure an app, click the View App Configurations button.
Add New App
Click the Add App button.
Set Configuration Type
Select the Configuration Type drop-down menu and set the configuration type to Manual Entry.
Enter App Details
Enter the name of the App in the name field . Enter the consumer key in the consumer key field  and the shared secret in the shared secret field . This key and shared secret will be provided by the vendor or (if using the Edu App Center) provided by the website.
Note: There are some Apps that do not require a consumer key or shared secret, so pay attention to the configuration directions.
Match App Details
- Enter the Launch URL (source of the iframe for the link) to match the app to Canvas. Example: https://www.launchurl.com
- Optional (may be included with or replace launch URL): type the appropriate URL or domain in the domain field. Example: domain.com
Note: These URLs must be iframed enabled, accept POST requests, and should be HTTPS.
Select the privacy drop-down menu to set the privacy settings:
- Anonymous: No identifying information about the user will be sent to the vendor
- Name Only: The user's name is the only identifying information sent to the vendor.
- Email Only: The user's email is the only identifying information sent to the vendor.
- Public: Various identifying information (name, email, Canvas ID, SIS ID of the course, SIS ID of user, etc.) is sent to the vendor.
Add Custom Fields and Descriptions
Type a custom field in Custom Fields . Type a description of the app in the Description field .
View External App
View the newly configured app.