How do I manually configure an External App for a course?
Set Configuration Type
Enter App Details
Enter the name of the App in the name field . Enter the consumer key in the consumer key field  and the shared secret in the shared secret field . This key and shared secret will be provided by the vendor or (if using the Edu App Center) provided by the website.
Note: There are some Apps that do not require a consumer key or shared secret, so pay attention to the configuration directions.
Match App Details
- Enter the Launch URL (source of the iframe for the link) to match the app to Canvas. Example: https://www.launchurl.com
- Optional (may be included with or replace launch URL): type the appropriate URL or domain in the domain field. Example: domain.com
Note: These URLs must be iframed enabled, accept POST requests, and should be HTTPS.
Select the privacy drop-down menu to set the privacy settings:
- Anonymous: No identifying information about the user will be sent to the vendor
- Name Only: The user's name is the only identifying information sent to the vendor.
- Email Only: The user's email is the only identifying information sent to the vendor.
- Public: Various identifying information (name, email, Canvas ID, SIS ID of the course, SIS ID of user, etc.) is sent to the vendor.