How do I view user details for an enrollment in a course?
The user details page shows a user's profile picture, memberships, and recent messages, as well as other data.
If your institution has enabled Profiles, you will see a different user page design but the options are the same.
Note: Viewing user details is a course permission. Depending on your permissions, you may not be able to view all available information in a user's details page.
To view user details, locate the name of the user . In high-enrollment courses, you can more easily find a single user by searching in the search bar  or filtering by role using the Role drop-down menu .
View User Details
Hover over the user's name and click the Settings icon . Select the User Details  link.
The user details page includes the following information:
- Name and Email : View the user's name, profile picture (if enabled by your institution), default email, and time zone
- Membership(s) : View the user's course memberships and user role, as well as any course privileges (if the user was assigned a custom role, currently only the base role is displayed)
- Recent Messages : View the user's recent activity in announcements and discussions
If you have the appropriate permissions, the sidebar may also include links to additional information about the user:
- View a detailed grade report 
- Send a message using Conversations 
- View your interactions with the student using Canvas 
- View the student's access report 
- View the Outcomes associated with the student 
- View student analytics 
- View any external services linked to the student's account