How do I create a Threaded Discussion?
Start a Discussion
Click the Start a Discussion button.
Create a Discussion
Create your discussion by utilizing the following options:
- Enter your topic title in the topic title field.
- Use the Rich Content Editor to format your content.
- Create a threaded replies by clicking on the Allow threaded replies checkbox.
View Threaded Discussion
With Threaded Discussions, you can see when a student replies to another student's reply. A blue dot indicates a new reply, a gray dot indicates an unread reply, and no dot indicates a read reply. Click the Gear icon to open the drop-down menu :
- Click the Go To Topic link to return to discussion post or comment you replied to.
- Click the Edit the reply link to edit your response.
- Click the Delete the reply link to delete your response.
- Click the Open in SpeedGrader link to grade the discussion replies
View Collapse Replies
By hovering over the reply, you can collapse all  and expand all  replies to make the Discussion easier to manage. Or you can collapse and expand a single thread . Click the Reply link to reply to the discussion .