How do I create a Threaded Discussion?
Threaded Discussions lend themselves to the refining of complex ideas. Students can quickly navigate responses and different lines of inquiry using the threaded discussion's hierarchical structure. For example, Threaded Discussions can be long-standing spaces for thoughts that persist throughout an entire course.
Click the Add Discussion button.
Create your discussion by utilizing the following options:
- Enter your topic title in the topic title field.
- Use the Rich Content Editor to format your content.
- Create a threaded replies by clicking on the Allow threaded replies checkbox.
View Threaded Discussion
With Threaded Discussions, you can see when a student replies to another student's reply. A blue dot  indicates a new reply, and a white dot  indicates an unread reply. Click the Settings icon  to select one of the following options in the drop-down menu:
- Click the Go To Parent link to return to initial discussion post or comment.
- Click the Edit link to edit the response.
- Click the Delete link to delete the response.
Note: Graded discussions will also include an Open in SpeedGrader link to grade the discussion replies.
View Collapse Replies
You can collapse all replies  and expand all replies  to make the Discussion easier to manage. Or you can collapse and expand a single thread by hovering over the thread . Click the Reply link to reply to the main discussion . You can also reply to any other post in the thread by clicking the reply arrow.