How is a Threaded Discussion organized?
Threaded discussions are hierarchal, collapsable, and expandable.
Select Threaded Discussions
By clicking on the Allow threaded replies checkbox, you will turn the Focused Discussion into a Threaded Discussion.
View Discussion Management Features
With the discussion management features for Discussions, you can:
- Search entries or authors.
- Filter by unread replies by clicking the Unread button.
- Collapse and Expand all discussion replies.
- Subscribe/unsubscribe to the discussion. [You are automatically subscribed to discussions you create or reply to.]
- Edit the discussion post.
- Open the settings icon to mark all posts as read, Delete the post, or close the topic to replies. [Graded discussions will also have an option to access SpeedGrader™ and add/view Rubric.]
- View how many unread and replies are in a thread (blue are new replies and gray are the total number of replies).
- Collapse and expand individual threaded discussions by hovering over the top of the white box containing the entire reply.
- Comment on a reply within a threaded discussion. Click the reply link to respond to another post.
View Hierarchy of Replies
Go to Topic and Parent Topic
The Settings icon allows you to Go To Topic  (go back to the original topic of the Discussion that you replied to), edit, or delete the reply.
In Threaded Discussions, sub-replies allow you to Go to Parent  (go back to the previous response).