How does file storage work?
Within the Files feature, users can rename, delete, organize, and upload files. Users can also batch upload a .zip file or download entire directories as .zip files. There is no limit on the size of the file to upload, but be aware of the amount of file storage set by the institution for the course.
Canvas users will find access to files (documents, images, media, etc.) in three different places:
- Personal files, located in each user's profile (students, teachers, and TAs)
- Course files, located in each course (students, teachers, and TAs unless files are locked by the teacher)
- Group files, located in each group (students and teachers who are enrolled in groups)
- Add files
- Add folders
- Download or upload a .zip file
- Move files
- Preview files
- Lock, edit, or delete files
- View your storage
To move files, hover over the icon of the file . Click and drag into new folder .