How do I start a Discussion with my Group?
Canvas recently introduced a new page design called the New Canvas User Interface (UI). Depending on your Canvas view, your page design may vary from the images shown in this lesson. However, the functionality and location of the components remain the same.
You can start Discussions with a group in Canvas.
Edit discussion information:
- Type a title for the discussion in the topic field.
- Write a discussion prompt using the Rich Content Editor.
- Use the Content Selector in the Sidebar to link to course Pages, Assignments, Discussions, etc.
- Attach a file to your discussion. (Note: If the attachment option does not appear, your instructor has restricted this setting. Depending on your browser you may also see "Browse" instead of "Choose File".)
- Create a threaded replies by clicking the Allow threaded replies checkbox.