How do I start a Discussion in Canvas?
Learn how to create and start a Discussion in your course.
Click the Add Discussion button.
Create your discussion by utilizing the following options:
- Enter your topic title in the topic title field.
- Use the Rich Content Editor to format your content.
- Attach a file to your discussion.
- Create a threaded replies by clicking the Allow threaded replies checkbox.
- Require users to post to the discussion before viewing other replies by clicking the Users must post before seeing replies button.
- Create a podcast feed for the discussion by clicking the Enable podcast feed checkbox.
- Create a graded discussion by clicking the Graded checkbox.
- Create a Group Discussion by clicking the This is a Group Discussion checkbox.
- Make your discussion available on a certain date by filling out the Available From and Until fields.