How do I log in to the Student app on my iOS device with a Canvas URL?
Once you download the Canvas Student app from the iTunes store, you can use the app to log in to your Canvas account.
You can enter your institution's name into the app to locate your account. If the app cannot find your institution by name, you can enter your institution's Canvas URL into the app. If you don't know your Canvas URL, you can log in using a QR code, which does not require knowing your Canvas URL for the mobile app.
If you have multiple accounts and do not want to log in to the app every time, learn how to switch to another user account.
The images in this lesson are shown for a phone display, but unless otherwise noted, tablet displays mirror the same steps.
Enter the name of your institution or school district. If the full name appears in the search list, tap the name.
- If you are an admin and your school does not appear in the search list, please contact your CSM about mobile smart search.
- To log in to a Free For Teacher account, enter Free Canvas Accounts or canvas.instructure.com in the search field.
If the name of your institution does not appear in the search list, you may need to locate your Canvas account by entering the full Canvas URL in the Find your school or district text field.
If you don't know your Canvas URL, tap the Tap Here for Help link. Or you can log in using a QR code, which does not require knowing your Canvas URL.
After you've located an account, you can view the Canvas URL at the top of the screen . Enter your email  and password . Tap the Log In button .
If you don't know your password, tap the Forgot Password? link .
- The Canvas email field credential varies according to institution. Some institutions may require a username or account number.
- If your Canvas mobile login page does not show the reset password option, contact your institution if you need to reset your password.
- If your institution requires you to log in to Canvas using their authentication system, you will be redirected to your institution's login page.
View the Dashboard for your user account.