How do I submit an assignment from a third-party app to the Student app on my iOS device?
Canvas makes it easy to submit assignments on your mobile device by linking them from third-party apps, such as Google Drive, Dropbox, and Microsoft OneDrive.
The images in this lesson are shown for a phone display, but unless otherwise noted, tablet displays mirror the same steps.
- Before uploading an assignment to the Canvas Student app:
- the assignment must already be uploaded to the third-party app.
- the third-party app must be installed on your iOS device.
- If enabled in the browser version of Canvas, you will see celebration animations when you submit an on-time assignment in the Student app.
- To learn more about File Upload submissions in the Canvas Student app, view the Canvas Media Comparison PDF.
Locate the file you wish to submit as a Canvas assignment . Tap the Options icon next to the file name .
Locate the file you wish to submit as a Canvas assignment . Then tap the Options icon next to the file name .
Tap the name of the file you wish to submit as a Canvas assignment . Then tap the Share icon .
Tap the Course menu . The Course list displays a list of your current Canvas courses. Select the course where you will submit your assignment by tapping the name of a course . Your selected course displays a check icon .
Tap the Assignment menu . The Assignment list displays an alphabetical list of all assignments in your course. Select the assignment for your submission by tapping the name of the assignment . Your selected assignment displays a Check icon .
Note: The assignment list displays all assignments in a course, including locked assignments.
To include a comment with your assignment submission, tap the Comments... field.
You can verify your assignment submission from the assignment's Assignment Details page in the Canvas Student app.
Note: If you attempted to submit a file to a locked assignment, the Assignment Details page does not display a submission success notification and instead displays assignment availability dates.