How do I set my Notification Preferences?
Canvas includes a set of default notification preferences for your account. However, you can set your own Canvas notification preferences that connect with your linked web services and other contact methods in Canvas.
- These settings apply to all of your courses; you cannot change settings for individual courses.
- The Canvas by Instructure Android app supports setting notification preferences. However, setting preferences inside the app will override preferences in the browser version of Canvas, and some preferences are not supported. Learn about setting preferences in the Canvas app for Android phones and Android tablets.
Edit Notification Preferences
To change a notification for a contact method, hover over the notification type you want to change. Select one of four options.
- Select the Check mark icon to be notified immediately of any change for the activity.
- Select the Clock icon to be notified daily of any change for the activity.
- Select the Calendar icon to be notified weekly of any change for the activity.
- Select the X icon to remove the notification preference so you won't be notified of any change for the activity.
Note: Each set notification preference will automatically apply to all of your courses. They cannot be set individually.