How do I access People?
You can access details about the people, or users, in your course using the People page.
In People, instructors can:
- View all the users participating in the course, including the ones whose course enrollment is pending.
- Use the search bar to find a specific person.
- Use the drop-down menu to filter users by role. The filter will also display the number of users in each type of role [e.g. student, TA].
- Resend course invitations to all students who have not yet accepted.
- Manually add people to the course.
- View user groups in the course.
- View prior enrollments in the course.
- View registered services for course users.
- Manage users in the course by hovering over a user's name.
- View last activity for each user in the course. This allows you to see how often students interact with the course.
- View total activity for each user in the course. This allows you to see how long students interact within a course and is associated with page views. Total activity requires a two-minute page view minimum for performance. Note: This does not capture page views for videos that do not include intermediate page requests, such as a half-hour recorded lecture.
- View group tabs. All users in the course will be displayed in the Everyone tab. Any existing user groups will be listed as additional tabs for easy access to the group information. If you do not have any user groups in your course, Canvas will display a Groups tab that will take you to the student groups creation page.
- Add a new group set.
Students can view users , use the search bar , use the drop-down menu , view user groups , and view registered services for course users .
To learn more about the People page, read the lesson about people in the course.