How do I import SCORM files as a page?
If your institution has enabled the SCORM LTI, you can upload SCORM ZIP files as assignments and as pages in your course (per the applicable package content). SCORM is a technical standard for many e-learning products and is often used to create course content. Once enabled, the SCORM Link will appear in the Course Navigation menu. SCORM packages are imported as External Tool Assignment submissions.
To enable your SCORM content as a stand-alone HTML site, you may need to re-export your SCORM content.
- The SCORM LTI must be enabled in External Apps at the account level before it can be used in courses. If you are an administrator, please contact your Customer Success Manager for assistance.
- If you delete a SCORM page in Pages, you can still view the uploaded page by navigating to SCORM in Course Navigation. However, if you delete the uploaded page in SCORM, the page is also deleted from all other applicable Canvas locations.
- Canvas supports the following versions of SCORM: SCORM 1.2 and SCORM 2004 (2nd, 3rd, and 4th Edition).
- SCORM is not available in beta or test environments of Canvas.
- If a SCORM package is not updated to require signed launch links, users see an "ApiUseSignedLaunchLinks is true, but link was not signed" message when attempting to load their content instead of a media player.
- If SCORM packages are not updated to require signed launch links, the encrypted launch links can be copied, however, they are only valid for a few seconds after they're initially requested and users see a "Token has expired" or "Player could not load" message.
Once the file is uploaded, select the object import type. Click the Choose Import Type menu  and select the Import as page option .
- The import type selected when importing a SCORM file is permanent and cannot be changed in Canvas.
- You can also import a SCORM file as a graded or ungraded assignment.
Click the Go button.
Note: If content does not immediately load, your LTI tool may need to be reconfigured. Please contact your admin for assistance.
To view the page in Canvas or to edit the page, click the Assignment icon.
To preview the uploaded content, click the Preview icon.
To delete a SCORM file, click the Delete icon.
Note: If you delete a SCORM page upload in Pages, you can still view the file on the SCORM page. Clicking the Assignment icon generates an error. However, if you delete the uploaded file in the SCORM page, the page is also deleted from all other applicable Canvas locations.