How do I use the People page as an instructor?
People shows all the users enrolled in your course, either added by your or your institution via SIS import.
The People page displays all information about the users in your course. The page is designed with global settings at the top of the page  followed by the generated user data . The Settings drop-down menu  also includes additional settings to access user information.
Search and Filter Users
Global settings include searching and filtering by user data. To search for a specific user, type the user's name in the search field .
To filter by role, select the Roles drop-down menu . The filter will also display the number of users in each type of role [e.g. student, TA].
You can also add a user to the course .
Manage Student Groups
Pages also organizes all your student groups, where you can manage student groups. You can create groups to put students together to complete projects or other activities. Students can set up their own groups, which will allow them to work collaboratively. Learn more about Student Groups.
For each user, the People page shows:
- the user's name 
- Login ID 
- SIS ID —this column requires permission to view SIS IDs
- Section —may be enrolled in more than one section
- Role —if the user was assigned a custom role, currently only the base role is displayed
- Last Activity —allows you to see how often students interact with the course.
- Total Activity —allows you to see how long students interact within a course and is associated with page views. Total activity time is displayed in hours:minutes:seconds. If a user has not yet reached an hour of activity, total activity time is displayed as minutes:seconds. Total activity requires a two-minute page view minimum for performance. Total Activity does not capture page views for videos that do not include intermediate page requests, such as a half-hour recorded lecture.
View User Status
You can also view the status for pending and inactive enrollments.
Once a course is published, users receive an invitation to the course. Users who have not yet accepted the course invitation display a pending status . To resend course invitations for pending users, click the Resend link  at the top of the page.
Users who are inactive in the course display an inactive status . The inactive status allows you to view a user's prior activity in the course but does not allow the student to access the course.
To manage a student in your course, click the Settings icon. You can resend course invitations and view user details. If you have permission in your course, you may also be able to edit the user's course sections, edit the user's role, deactivate the user, or remove the user from the course.
In the Settings drop-down menu, instructors can also view user groups , as well as view prior enrollments in the course . Prior enrollments are students who were previously enrolled in the course and their enrollments have been concluded.
You can view registered services for each user in the course . When a user links a third-party service to their Canvas account, they may allow permission for other users to view their linked services. You can use this information to coordinate group projects and also link up outside of class.
You can also view a summary of all student interactions in your course . Interactions are recorded when you contact the student via Conversations or when you leave a comment on an assignment.