Who are the People in my course?
People shows all the users enrolled in your course, either added by your or your institution via SIS import.
In People, instructors can:
- View all the users participating in the course, including the ones whose course enrollment is pending.
- Use the search bar to find a specific person.
- Use the drop-down menu to filter users by role. The filter will also display the number of users in each type of role [e.g. student, TA].
- Resend course invitations to all students who have not yet accepted.
- Manually add people to the course.
- View user groups in the course.
- View prior enrollments in the course.
- View registered services for course users.
- Manage users in the course.
- View last activity for each user in the course. This allows you to see how often students interact with the course.
- View total activity for each user in the course. This allows you to see how long students interact within a course and is associated with page views. Total activity requires a two-minute page view minimum for performance. Note: This does not capture page views for videos that do not include intermediate page requests, such as a half-hour recorded lecture.
- View group tabs. All users in the course will be displayed in the Everyone tab. Any existing user groups will be listed as additional tabs for easy access to the group information. If you do not have any user groups in your course, Canvas will display a Groups tab that will take you to the student groups creation page.
- Add a new group set.
View User Groups
To view User Groups, click the View User Groups button.
Instructors can group students together for group projects or other activities. Learn more about Groups.
View Registered Services
View Instructor Resources
In People, instructors can also Add People, and View Prior Enrollments. They can also Manage Users.
Instructors can click the Add People button to add new users to the course. Learn more about Adding People.