How do I get help with Canvas?
Canvas recently introduced a new page design called the New Canvas User Interface (UI). This lesson may include two images for specific steps to show the difference between the two designs. Unless otherwise indicated, the functionality and location of the components remain the same. The view available to you is determined by your institution.
You can get help with Canvas by using the Help link. Depending on your user role, the Help link generates a list of resources to help you with Canvas, such as how to search Canvas Documentation and report a problem.
View Help Resources
Depending on your user role, there are five main links for help or feedback:
- Ask your Instructor a Question (Students Only): Ask your instructor questions about course material or send them a message
- Search the Canvas Guides: Search the Canvas Guides for information about features inside of Canvas
- Report a problem: Submit problems with Canvas to our support team
- Ask the Community (Non-Students Only): Exchange ideas and solutions regarding Canvas functionality with Canvas experts and your Canvas peers
- Submit a Feature Idea: Submit ideas about how to make Canvas better
Ask Your Instructor a Question (Students)
If you are a student, you can contact your instructor or TA directly from the help page.
To ask your instructor or TA questions about course material or send them a message, click the Ask your Instructor a Question link.
Search Canvas Guides
To find an answer to a question about a Canvas feature, click the Search the Canvas Guides link. This link will take you to Canvas Guides where you can search Canvas documentation for information about features inside of Canvas.
Report a Problem
To report a problem with Canvas, click the Report a Problem link.
In the subject field , create a subject for your ticket.
In the description field , describe the problem your are experiencing in Canvas. Please be as detailed as possible to help troubleshoot the problem.
In the drop-down menu , select the statement that best describes how the problem is affecting you:
- Just a casual question, comment, idea, suggestion
- I need some help but it's not urgent
- Something's broken but I can work around it for now
- I can't get things done until I hear back from you
- EXTREMELY CRITICAL EMERGENCY
When you're done, click the Submit Ticket button .
Ask the Community (Non-Students)
If you are enrolled in a course as an Instructor-, TA-, or Designer-based role, you can collaborate with other members of the Canvas community for answers to your Canvas questions.
To ask a question or get feedback about Canvas from a community of experts, click the Ask the Community link. This link will take you to Find Answers and allow you to ask questions and get feedback from Canvas users like you.
Request a Feature
Click the Submit a Feature Idea link. You can submit your ideas about how to make Canvas even better by clicking this link or by visiting Canvas Feature Ideas.