How do I set up an assignment to be sent to Aspen for grade passback?
If your institution has set up Canvas grade passback (GPB) with Aspen, you can sync your Canvas course gradebook to your Aspen gradebook. However, you must first specify which assignment(s) in the course should be included in a GPB sync.
When creating or managing discussions and quizzes, you can also specify graded discussions and quizzes for GPB.
Click the Add Assignment button.
Enter a name for the assignment in the Assignment Name field.
For GPB with Aspen to work, assignment names must be 50 or fewer characters.
On the assignment details page, select the Sync to SIS checkbox. The assignment and any student scores will be included when you sync your Canvas gradebook to Aspen.
- Your institution can auto-enable all assignments to be sent to Aspen. To exclude an assignment from SIS sync, de-select the Sync to SIS checkbox.
- The SIS checkbox also displays on quizzes and graded discussions details pages.
- The SIS checkbox does not display for non-graded assignment types.
- The Sync to SIS option may display the name of your institution's SIS.
Enter a due date in the Due field .
- If you use differentiated assignments to allow different sections different due dates, you must also include a due date for the remaining students using the Everyone Else option in the Assign to field . However, only the specified sections are included in the grade sync.
- When an individual section is added to an assignment, the Everyone option changes to Everyone Else.
Click the Save button .
Note: For new assignments, you can click the Save & Publish button .