How do I view my course grade sync history for Canvas Pinnacle grade passback as an instructor?
As an instructor, you can view grade sync history from the Grade Sync page in your course. In the Grade Sync page you can view a list of the most recent grade syncs from your Canvas course to your Pinnacle gradebook, including syncs you request and scheduled syncs your institution may run. Successful syncs display for seven days while syncs with errors and failed syncs display for fourteen days.
You can also view grade sync details from the sync history list.
By default, the Grade Sync page displays the History tab .
To refresh the page to view in-progress or recently completed syncs, click the Refresh button .
Your recent grade syncs from Canvas to your SIS display in the Grade Sync History list . The list displays up to the ten most recent syncs. To view additional syncs, use the page navigation icons .
The Grade Sync list displays a line item for each grade sync. You can view the following information for each listed sync:
- Type : the sync type and the course ID.
- Time Started : the date and time when the sync started. The displayed time follows the account's specified time zone setting.
- Time Updated : the date and time when the sync completed. The displayed time follows the account's specified time zone setting.
- Posted By : the name of the user who initiated the sync. Scheduled syncs are posted by your institution's Canvas Integrations Admin, and manual syncs display your name or the name of the admin who requested the sync.
- Stage : for syncs that are in-process, the sync's current process step. Process steps include Get Assignments and Post Assignments.
- SIS Assignments : the number of assignments sent to and created in the SIS gradebook and the percent of assignments successfully created in the SIS gradebook.
- SIS Grades : the number of grades sent to and crated in the SIS gradebook and the percent of grades successfully added in the SIS gradebook.
- Status : the grade sync status. A status may be listed as Completed, Completed (with errors), Failed, and Running.
- Assignments : the number of Canvas assignments included in the grade sync.
Note: If your Canvas course includes sections that are also reflected in your SIS gradebook, then grade passback creates a new assignment for each course section in your SIS. As a result, when you sync grades from Canvas to your SIS, the number of created SIS assignments in the SIS Assignments column may differ from the number of assignments synced from Canvas in the Assignments column .