How do I log in to the Student app on my Android device?
Once you download the Canvas Student app from the Play Store, you can use the app to log in to your Canvas account. You must have an account to log in to Canvas.
You can generate a unique QR code from your Canvas web browser to quickly log into the app. Alternatively, you can enter your institution's Canvas URL to log into the Canvas Student app.
To log into the Canvas Student app using a URL, it will ask you for the name of your institution to find your Canvas account. If the app cannot find your institution, you can use your institution's Canvas URL to log in.
The images in this lesson are shown for a phone display, but unless otherwise noted, tablet displays mirror the same steps.
Note: If you do not want to locate your Canvas URL every time you log in to Canvas, you can switch to another user account.
Open Canvas Student
Open your Android device and tap the Canvas Student icon.
View Login Page
From the Log In page you can log into the app using a URL , using a QR code , or using a previous login .
To get help with logging in to the Student app, tap the Help icon .
Log In Using QR Code
You can generate a login QR code in your Canvas web browser. To log into the Canvas Student app using a QR code, tap the QR Code link.
Locate QR Code
Locate the QR code in your Canvas browser page. Then click the Next link.
Allow Camera Access
Canvas Student uses the camera on your device to scan the QR code. To allow the app access to your camera, tap the Allow button.
Scan QR Code
Use your camera to scan the QR code on your web browser.
Log In Using URL
To find your institution's Canvas URL to log in, tap the Find my school button.
Enter the name of your institution . You can also enter the name of a school district. When the full name appears in the search list, tap the name .
- If you are an admin and your school does not appear in the search list, please contact your CSM about mobile smart search.
- To log in to a Free For Teacher account, enter Free Canvas Accounts or canvas.instructure.com in the search field.
Locate Canvas URL
If the name of your institution does not appear in the search list, you may need to locate your Canvas account by entering a Canvas URL. If you don't know your Canvas URL, tap the Tap here for help link at the end of the search results.
Enter Canvas URL
If you know your institution's Canvas URL, enter the URL in the search field . Then tap the Next button .
Enter Login Credentials
After you've located an account, you can view the Canvas URL at the top of the screen . Enter your email  and password . Tap the Log In button .
If you don't know your password, tap the Forgot Password? link .
- The Canvas email field credential varies according to institution. Some institutions may require a username or account number.
- If your Canvas mobile login page does not show the reset password option, contact your institution if you need to reset your password.
- If your institution requires you to log in to Canvas using their authentication system, you will be redirected to your institution's login page.
View the dashboard for your user account.